Friday, February 18, 2011

Astavakrasana Yoga Pose

You are all witnesses! I will be able to do the Astavakrasana pose before the end of this year. NO DOUBT. This is my inspiration for continuing my Yoga "education." While in Tulsa, OK I went to a class at the YWCA called "Yoga for Athletes." It was the most fun and challenging class without all the chanting and breathing. A true work out that made me break a sweat. I am not very fancy - YET!

Although I am very proud of this pose, I do not look very photogenic! The only reason why I can do this is because I used to study ballet as a young girl. I am excited that yoga is helping me gain my flexibilty. The standing poses are the easiest for me because I can balance and I am limber.

The most challenging poses are the ones where all your weight is on your hands! How do people do this? I have the tiniest wrists and I swear they will break if I put my entire body weight on them. I will slowly work on these poses and mark my word. I will be ASTAVAKRASANAING before the end of this year.

Wish me luck.

1 comment: