Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Baby Squirrel

 {First encounter}

The care for a little baby squirrel is constant and so rewarding. We've been together for one whole week now and he's doing so much better. The couple who found him named him Jinxy and I agree that it's a good fit for the little guy. Scalded milk, stimulation for urination and keeping his nest warm are part of my every day activities and will be for at least the next month. This little baby is the sweetest. He just wants to eat, sleep and go to the bathroom. He has started to grow teeth, which I can feel when he's searching for his milk during feeding time. He gets so excited and then gets so excited to curl back up in a little ball in his nest and sleep till his next feeding.

{Baby Jinxy at about 4 weeks}
{Baby Jinxy at about 5 weeks}

The one and only scary thing that I have found after reading so much about these little animals is that their teeth grow 6 inches a year! I have to make sure to keep those guys as short as possible. He's as sweet as can be right now and there are lots of success stories I have read about letting them back in to the wild and how they come back to your house to visit "their mommy." I hope Jinxy makes it outside in a couple months. He's too much of a baby right now.

This is where Jinxy lives now:


 {Getting Cozy after a feeding}

 {Peeking out to say "Hello"}

 {Jinxy lives on my bathroom door}


 {This little baby loves my shoulder}


 {He makes the cutest, sweetest sounds}




No comments:

Post a Comment